Refer a Friend
Want to win an extra £200?
Refer a friend and enter our exclusive draw!
Want to help our community raise more money AND get an extra chance to win on East Lothian Community Lottery? If you refer a friend to East Lothian Community Lottery and they buy a ticket, we will give you and your friend a free entry into our exclusive referral rewards draw where you can win a £200 Amazon gift voucher.
You get one entry into the draw for every person you successfully refer, so the more people you refer the better your chances of winning!
How to refer (in 3 easy steps)
- Select the cause you wish to refer below
- Copy your unique referral URL and send it to someone you know
- If that person uses your link to sign up and purchase a ticket, you will BOTH get a free entry into the referral rewards draw.
Customer Referral Program - East Lothian Community Lottery
Terms and conditions
Eligibility to participate
This customer referral program is open to existing customers of East Lothian Community Lottery who have already purchased tickets and remain compliant with the Game Rules of East Lothian Community Lottery.
How to refer a friend or family member to East Lothian Community Lottery under this program
The promoter will provide you with a referral code which will be available in your online account. To refer a friend or family member under this program: you must (i) provide your referral code to them; and (ii) they must purchase at least one ticket and enter the referral code during the checkout process. You can use your referral code to refer an unlimited number of friends or family members while this program is active, provided that you comply with these terms and conditions and the Game Rules of East Lothian Community Lottery. You can use your referral code to refer the same friend or family member multiple times, but you and they may only qualify for a referral incentive once per month. Please note that anyone that you refer must be at least 18 years of age and reside in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland).
- You will be eligible for a referral incentive for each successfully referred customer.
- The friend or family member who you have referred will also be eligible for a referral incentive.
- The referral incentive is one entry into a prize draw to win a £200 Amazon gift voucher (per successfully referred customer) for both you and the friend or family member you have referred. Multiple ticket purchases do not provide multiple entries into the prize draw. There is no substitute prize or cash alternative. The prize may only be awarded to the winner and is non-transferable.
Selection of the winner
The prize draw will take place on a monthly basis during the first week of that month, and will include all eligible entries from the previous month. The winner will be selected using random number generator (RNG) software from all eligible entries in accordance with these terms and conditions. There will be one winner selected per draw.
Notifying the winner
The promoter will notify the winner by telephone, email and/or letter within two (2) weeks of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 28 days of being notified, the prize will be forfeited and the promoter will select an alternative winner from the remaining eligible entries (and that winner will also have 28 days to respond to their notification).
Other restrictions and important information about this program
- If a referral code is not entered (or is entered incorrectly), you and the person you have referred will not be eligible to receive the referral incentive.
- You must be making a personal referral, and not acting in the course of any business activity.
- If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have sought to materially abuse or profiteer from this program, we may withhold the prize and select an alternative winner.
Publicity and personal information
- We will use your personal information, and the personal information of the friend or family member you refer, to administer this program in accordance with the East Lothian Community Lottery Privacy Notice.
- The surname and county of the winner will be published on the East Lothian Community Lottery website and the websites of other participating lotteries. If you do not want your surname and county to be published, please email [email protected] prior to the closing date of the prize draw.
- You may be asked to participate in publicity relating to the prize draw if you are selected as the winner.
- The promoter. The promoter of program is Gatherwell Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08675983 whose mailing address is at Gatherwell Limited, Lytchett House, 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6FA.
- Promotion of this program. This program may be promoted on multiple lottery websites operated or managed by the promoter.
- Limitation of the promoter's liability. While nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, the promoter will not be legally responsible to you (or anyone that you refer under this program) for any losses that were not foreseeable to the promoter or you (or anyone that you refer under this program) at the time that you successfully refer a customer, or which are caused by a third party.
- No association with social media platforms. This program is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or Instagram.
- Applicable law; forum for disputes. The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms and conditions. Any disputes relating to this program, any prize draw under it, or these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, although if you are a resident of Scotland, you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England and Wales or in the courts of Scotland.
- Changes to these terms and conditions. The promoter shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to make reasonable changes to these terms and conditions. Such changes will take effect as soon as they are published on this webpage. If any significant changes are made which would affect your right to participate in this program, we will give you notice of these changes by email.
- Withdrawal of the program. The promoter may withdraw this program at any time by updating the East Lothian Community Lottery website and disabling referral codes. If this should happen, the promoter will honour any successful referrals made prior to the withdrawal date and those entries will be eligible for the final prize draw.
- Cancellation due to circumstances outside of the promoter's control. The promoter reserves the right to cancel this program and any prize draw under it if circumstances outside of the promoter's control prevent the promoter from operating this program and/or any prize draw, including but not limited to the following events: acts of God, epidemic or pandemic, terrorist attack, civil war or disturbance, war or armed conflict, imposition of sanctions or breakoff of diplomatic relations, action taken by a government or public authority, collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident, cyber attack or interruption or failure of utility service.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions. By participating in this program, you confirm that you have read and accept these terms and conditions.
You haven't successfully referred anyone yet.